Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Daily Routine

Someone asked me what I do each day, so here goes:

05.30 hrs approx - Ben wakes up and wants feeding he normally wakes Harry as well. So Carol feeds both boys before she goes off to work. This was Carols idea, as it means she gets to feed and cuddle them before going off to work for the day and it means I get to have a little more sleep - works for me !

This first breakfast consists of just a milk feed and it is 100mls of Nutraprem 2

08.00 hrs - The boys are normally awake by now, if not I give one of them their 2nd breakfast, which is in two parts. 140mls of Nutraprem 2 followed by either 1 weetabix or Creamy Porridge Oats baby food. Once I have fed one their milk, I wake the other one and give him his milk. Then I give the first one his solid breakfast and then the second little chap.

Sterilize the bottles ready for the next meals

The boys then have a play on their matt and I get my own breakfast. Then I put on some washing, normally all the bibs and muslin cloths and babies clothes used from the day before.

At around 09.30 hrs the boys have their first morning nap. This normally lasts about 30 to 60 mins. By this time the washing has finished and I put into the dryer. If I have shopping to do, then I normally go now, the boys can nap in their car seats / pushchair.

11.00 hrs = lunchtime, 100 mls of Nutraprem 2 followed by a pot full of baby lunch food, either food Carol and I have cooked in advance, or from a purchased jar of baby food.

This normally takes around 45 mins to an hour to feed them both.

12.30 hrs the boys have their afternoon nap, this should be around 2 hours. During this time I get all the drying sorted out and depending on how messy they have been, get another load of washing on, consisting of their bibs, muslins and any clothes they messed up with their food they have had so far. During this time I get my own lunch as well. Unfortunately the boys have started to sleep less and less during this period, average so far this past week has been 45 mins to an hour and a half.

14.30 hrs, afternoon milk feed - 140 mls of good old Nutraprem 2. The boys then have a good playtime and roll around on their play matt. Sometimes I take them for a walk depending on the weather.

Sterilize the bottles for the next meals

16:00 hrs, quite often Harry & Ben will start to have a right monk on at this time, I wish I knew why. Practically every day they get into a right old screaming fit and spend the next hour putting me through hell until Carol comes home at 17.00hrs. This is the worst part of the day and a real trial. It's not every day and sometimes I can get them to have a little nap between 16.00hrs and 17.00hrs. But unfortunately this does not all ways work.

17.00 hrs, Carol comes home from work and we both feed the boys their evening meal, this is a solid feed no milk. Again this either food Carol and I have cooked in advance, or from a purchased jar of baby food.

18.00 hrs, Bathtime ! - The boys love bath time and have a right old splash about. Great fun.
Once they are bathed and put into their night clothes they then get their evening milk feed, this is a large milk feed to see them through the night.

19:00 hrs - as above this is their evening milk feed, Harry has about 8 fl ozs of Nutraprem 2 and Ben has 7 fl ozs.

19:30 hrs, all being well the boys are in bed now and asleep. I crash out on the sofa and relax with Carol. We sort out what we are having for our own dinner and then the rest of the evening is ours.

During this period we sterilize the bottles ready for the next day.

Next day I start all over again !

I haven't mentioned nappy changing etc, because the boys get through loads, a recent survey stated that twins get through approximately 120 nappies each week, enough said......

In case you are wondering, Nutraprem 2 is a special Cow and Gate milk forumla specifically designed for premature babies, it has extra protein and vitamins to help their development and what is even better is that if your baby was born premature then this milk is on the NHS ! - They will continue to have this milk until they are totally weaned onto solid food.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OhmyGod, Simon, I'm exhausted just from reading about it all! LOL I can't imagine what it's like to actually DO it.
Hat's off to you, mate ;-)

Wednesday, 14 September, 2005  
Blogger Jinn Quon said...

Poor you.

Thursday, 15 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home