Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It's your birthday and we'll cry if we want to

It's my birthday ! - 37 years old :-(
Didn't really start off as I would have liked because Ben puked a large portion of his breakfast down my front.

Whilst I was feeding Ben, Harry decided to scream his head off, just to let me know that he was there and wanted feeding as well.

As the top I had on was the last clean top that was ironed, it was out with the ironing board and iron a clean top to wear at 8am this morning.

Breakfast over with the morning wasn't too bad, Harry & Ben's grandparents came over and we had a lovely time entertaining them. Nanny helped with the lunch time feed and when the boys were put into their cots for their mid day nap, Nanny & Grandpa left. The idea being that I could have a couple of hours time to myself, get my own lunch and generally relax.

Well that was a nice idea any way, Harry slept for 40 mins, then woke up crying. I brought him downstairs and tried to calm him down. Ben woke up about another 40 mins after that.

I decided to take them for a walk to try and get them to go to sleep, fat chance !

But at least they weren't crying any more.

3pm came and Ben went into a major hissy fit, no idea why, he was fed, clean nappy, wasn't too hot/cold, was getting attention. He was just crying because he could !

So he cried for an hour, despite my best attempts to calm him down, at 4pm, Harry decided to join in, so I had two screaming red faced babies hell bent on making my ears bleed !

At 4.30pm Carol came home early to surprise me on my birthday ! - I think the surprise was on her when she opened the front door and was greeted by all the drama at home.

Shortly afterwards both babies were calm - Obviously it was the Monday without Mummy syndrome as discussed in a previous post. Mummy had the magic touch and calmed them both down. At 4.40pm - our sister in law Karen came over with her daughters, Amy, Emma and Heather. Needless to say the boys loved seeing their cousins and were good as gold.

As I am writing this Carol is just bathing them and we are both about to give them their night time feed and then off to bed they go. Hopefully without any further drama.

Happy Birthday Simon !

Here is a photo of Harry and Ben in full on paddy mode:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday, Simon!!! All the best for your new year as a house husband/ full-time dad :-)

Those boys of yours clearly felt it was a special day for you and meant to make it even more so! ;-)

Tuesday, 13 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home