Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The things people say !

Ok, weird week. Last Friday I was walking with the boys past the local primary school. It was lunch time and the primary school children were out at play. As I walked past the school playground, one little boy called out to me, the conversation went like this.

Little boy - 'That's a cute baby'
Me - 'Thanks'
Little boy - 'Oh you've got two babies !'
Little boy shouting at the top of his voice to all his mates -
'OH MY GOD HE'S GOT TWO BABIES !!!!'

His mates turned round, looked at him in a funny way and then went back to playing. Whilst I hurried along :-)

The next day, on the same foot path, I passed a little old lady, the typical stereo type of a nice little old gray haired pensioner.

She smiled sweetly and said:
'Oh twins, make the most of it, they'll soon grow up you know.'

Me: 'Thanks'

Old biddy: 'Are they much trouble'

Me: 'not really, they are a little grumpy today, because they need their sleep and they don't want to go to sleep'

Old Biddy: 'Ah, mined used to be the same, if they didn't fall asleep I would put them in the pram and shake them and if that didn't work, I would put them in the bright sunlight and that would make them close their eyes'

So the old fashion cure for sleepless babies is to shake them into unconsciousness and burn out their retinas ! - Ah the good old days

The weekend was nice, our friend Julia came over and we went to our favourite picnic spot Mottisfont Abbey It was a lovely day out and it was nice to see our friend Julia.



Sunday was a bit of a bugger as one of my fillings fell out of my tooth, so I have had to have an emergency appointment this morning. The dentist gave me a temporary filling until he can see me again, which won't be until the 23rd December !!!!
And this is a private dentist, I hate to think what sort of service the patients get on the NHS !

Ho Hum, that is all for now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xerxes says hi now :) hope you're doing ok ..... have a good one mate.

Tuesday, 18 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home